Supporting students and their families in all aspects of College Life.
Mrs Lisa Slender - Director of Student Services
Once families and their children are enrolled at the College, all daily interactions relating to College Life will occur through the Student Services office. Our role is to support your children as they transition into a new school or year level.
Contact Student Services
Student Services is open Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm.
Enquiries - (07) 3206 5542
Absentees - (07) 3206 5599
Term DatesDaily Timetable
Term Dates and Holidays 2017
Term Dates and Holidays 2018
- Dress and Appearance
- Individual Scholarship and Work Habits
The role of the Student Services office is to support students and their families in all aspects of College Life. We are able to assist in the following areas:
- Manage students movement around the College,
- Manage student attendance records,
- Support students who may present as sick or injured during the College day,
- Provide support and guidance to families/parents of the College,
- Provide support at both an individual and group level to all students regarding social and emotional concerns they may have,
- Ensure a smooth transition at all levels of the College,
- Provide a comprehensive and dynamic pastoral care program that meets the needs of all students as they engage with their ever changing and complex society,
- Implement and manage a College wide camping program to enhance the interpersonal and intrapersonal skills of all students in an outdoor educational setting,
- Manage the effective implementation of student medical management plans across all levels of the College,
- Provide effective communication for parents on all matters relating to College life.
At Sheldon College we promote a positive home/College partnership and have an open door policy with our College community. Parents are welcome to meet with teachers at any time and we recommend the following communication channels for all parents:
- Meet with the classroom/subject teacher first and foremost,
- Contact the Year Level Co-ordinator for your child’s Year Level and
- Contact myself as the Director of Student Services for an appointment or meeting time.
We believe that in order for children to achieve academic success, they need to be supported in their emotional and social development. The staff at Sheldon College are here to support all students in their quest to become effective and active participants in the complex world in which we live. We are able to balance a progressive and modern curriculum with our traditional values for the benefit of all students.